Only 5 more Months until Girls on the Run Starts Again!
You want to know a secret? Your coaches love you! We think you are awesome and we are really going to miss you over the next 5 months. But winter is coming and running outside isn’t going to be so fun for a while. So we have to take a little break. Just know that we will still think about you and still want you to be active so that you are ready to go come Spring season in March. We also don’t want you to forget all of those lessons we taught you. So here are 5 things you can do to make us really happy. We can’t wait to hear all about when we see you again in March.
1) Keep moving – run, walk, ski, hop – we don’t care, just stay active
2) Don’t lose touch with your teammates – you may not see them twice a week now that Girls on the Run is over, but don’t forget about all the wonderful friends you made this season. Send them a Holiday card or just let them know you are thinking about them. I bet they will miss you too.
3) Stand up for what you believe in – remember to Stop, Breathe, and Listen before you Respond to someone who is doing something you don’t like
4) Keep giving back – I bet doing that community project felt really good, huh? Keep it up! You can go caroling at a nursery home or collect winter coats for charity. Do something for someone else over Christmas Break. I guarantee you’ll get as much out of it as they will.
5) Be okay with who you are – Remember how we talked about the media and how they are always trying to get you to be different? You are perfect just the way you are – don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
That’s it! Stay true to the Girls on the Run values and you’ll stay true to yourself. Enjoy your time off from Girls on the Run. See you in the Spring!
Stayed tuned for next week’s topic: Winter sports