Here at Girls on the Run, we are committed to helping both you and your girls be active and healthy. Now is about the time that all of those New Year’s Resolutions start to fade. Never fear, we are here to help you renew your dedication to your Resolutions.
Do you know what the top New Year’s Resolutions were this year? (http://www.policymic.com/articles/21328/new-years-2013-the-10-most-common-new-year-s-resolutions)
1) Eat healthy and exercise regularly (a.k.a., lose weight)
3) Learn something new
7) Save money
Here at Girls on the Run we can help you will all of those in one fell swoop! How? Through our SoleMates program!
What’s a SoleMate®?
Charity running has become an integral part of most endurance events across the country. Training for any endurance event is often challenging and being a SoleMate is a great way to keep it fun, stay motivated and maintain your commitment.
The Girls on the Run SoleMates program provides adults an opportunity to raise money for Girls on the Run while training for the athletic event of their choice. SoleMates set personal goals such as running in a marathon or 10k event to raise money for Girls on the Run in their community. Each year, our SoleMates raise critically needed funds that ensure our councils are able to serve more girls in their communities.
Here’s what you get when you sign up:
• Weekly blogs containing healthy recipes to support your running, running tips, inspirational stories, and more!
• A customized training plan
• Optional Saturday group runs to help motivate you to go the distance.
• An online community of runners going through exactly what you’re going through via Facebook SoleMates page where you can interact with your fellow Treasure Valley participants, make running dates with buddies, and hopefully form lifelong friendships.
• Access to a certified health and nutrition coach to answer all of your nutrition and running questions
• Super cool prizes
• Way more fun than you should be having running that far
For more info:
1) Check out our SoleMates Facebook Page – http://www.facebook.com/GotrTreasureValleySolemates
2) Read about our program on the GOTR-TV website: https://gotrboise.wordpress.com/solemates/
3) Follow us on Twitter – @SolematesGOTRTV