I hope you and your daughter are enjoying your summer. Here at Girls on the Run, we are finishing up our Spring SoleMates season (we raised $5125 for scholarships for Fall!!!) and getting ready to launch the Fall SoleMates season. If you would like to be involved, click here.
In the meantime, you might be wondering how to run or support your daughter’s running when it’s hot outside. Here are a few tips for staying active in the summer.
1) Take your daughter for a walk or run in the early morning or later in the evening to avoid the hottest part of the day.
2) Make sure you both are appropriately dressed and wear sunscreen.
3) Drink up! Drink at least 8 oz. of water every one hour you’re outside and active, more in the heat of the day.
4) Take it easy and let yourself and your daughter get used to the heat.
5) Stay in the shade. I love running on the Greenbelt in the summer.
Have a safe, happy running summer!
For more ideas on staying active in the summer, check out these websites: