I hope you are enjoying your summer. Whew – it’s a hot one! Here at Girls on the Run we are still all about staying active – even when it’s hot outside. So what do you do when it’s 102?
1) Run/walk/play outside in the early morning or later in the evening to avoid the hottest part of the day. During the day, play inside. Get your whole family involved!
2) Make sure you dress appropriately and wear sunscreen
3) Make sure you drink lots of water.
4) Take it easy. You may find that you’re slower when it’s hot out. That’s perfectly natural and completely okay!
5) Stay in the shade. I love running on the Greenbelt in the summer.
Have a safe, happy summer!