We’ve made it past the 4th of July, but there’s more than fireworks out there to be concerned about. Here are a few tips to keep you and your daughter healthy and happy this summer.
Those Pesky Bugs
I have always been a mosquito magnet. Because I don’t love the red bumps, swelling, and itching I’ve discovered a few ways to minimize my appeal to pesky bugs, I:
1) Don’t wear perfume or anything else with a strong odor – mosquitos seem to love things that smell really good.
2) Avoid stagnant water – especially from dusk til dawn when mosquitos seem to congregate around water
3) Use an insect repellant with picaridin instead of DEET to avoid the harmful toxins when I feel I need some protection
I am the klutziest person I know. I also don’t tan – I burn, so when I want to be outside running or biking, I
1) Wear sunscreen every day and reapply every two hours
2) Wear a helmet when bicycling
3) Avoid exercising near traffic when possible
4) Try to exercise early in the morning when it’s cooler and there’s fewer cars on the road
For more summer safety tips, see:
The Fall season of GOTR and GOTR SoleMates is just around the corner. Stay tuned for more information!