This week at GOTR, we are talking about inner beauty and standing up for what you believe in. There has never been a better time to talk to your daughter about these issues.
What can you do to reinforce this at home?
- Make sure that your daughter knows that you value her for who she is and not what she looks like.
- Make sure your daughter knows it’s okay to stand up for what she believes in even when other people disagree with her (even you!).
- Look in the mirror and make sure you are following those adages for yourself. If you are afraid to stand up for what you believe in … see where I’m going with this? To be your daughter’s best advocate and role model, you need to be your own best friend.
- Remind your daughter about the GOTR values she brought home in Lesson 3. A GOTR girl is:
- Encourages her teammates
- A great listener
- Respects other people and their belongings
- Serves others in her community who are less fortunate than she is
- Keeps an open mind and allows others to express themselves
- Has a positive attitude
- Holds herself accountable and takes responsibility for her own actions
- Expresses her feelings in a healthy way
- Stands up for what she believes in
- Strives to be the best in all that she does
Now those are values that we all need to remember!
How Can I Help GOTR?
For our full wish list, please see: https://gotrboise.wordpress.com/wish-list/
Running an upcoming race? Turn it into a fundraiser for GOTR! https://gotrboise.wordpress.com/solemates/
For more information on this week’s topic, go to: