Never forget that. We are all unique and that’s part of our beauty. Some of us have great eyes, others great hair, and others an award winning smile. But none of that really matters. Because beauty is more about what’s on the inside than the outside.
You are beautiful – not for what you look like, but for who you are. Never let anyone tell you differently. It’s okay if your hair is straight or if it’s curly. It’s okay if you’re shorter than your classmates or taller. It’s okay if you are a fast runner or a slow walker. None of those things are truly important. Instead, you need to focus on what makes you You. What are you most proud of? What do you like about yourself? Are you a good viola player? Girl on the Run? Are you funny? A nice person? Considerate and respectful? Those are the things that matter.
At Girls on the Run we celebrate you for WHO you are not what you look like. And we value you because you’re:
- Encourage your teammates
- A great listener
- Respect other people and their belongings
- Serve others in your community who are less fortunate than you are
- Keep an open mind and allow others to express themselves
- Have a positive attitude
- Hold yourself accountable and take responsibility for your own actions
- Express your feelings in a healthy way
- Stand up for what you believe in
- Strive to be the best in all that you do
Now that’s Inner Beauty and Girl, YOU are beautiful!
For more information on this week’s topic, go to: