Your daughter just accomplished something amazing. And maybe you did it with her. You know what I’m talking about right? The GOTR 5K!
Here are 5 ways to ensure you make sure she has a speedy recovery from her 5K:
1) Make sure she eats really well the week following her big race – she should eat a small meal every 3-4 hours comprised of protein, complex whole grains, veggies, and a little fat.
2) Make sure she drinks lots of water to keep her body hydrated and to prevent muscle cramps
3) Encourage her to take a few days off from running to let her legs recover
4) But don’t let her sit on the couch – have her go for walks to keep the muscles warm and prevent lactic acid build up
5) Make sure she stretches each day after her walks to help keep her muscles nice and loose.
Want more in depth info? Check out this link: http://www.active.com/running/articles/recovery-tips-for-runners