We’re about a month into season and you know what that means… race day (and the practice 5 K) is just around the corner. What can you do in the days leading up to the big race to make sure your daughter is prepared?
• Make sure she drinks plenty of water the day before the race, during the race, and after the race. Make sure she takes her water bottle with her!
• Make sure she gets plenty of carbs during dinner the night before the race.
• Have her eat her usual breakfast the morning of the race. Race day is not the day to alter nutrition habits.
• Make sure she’s dressed appropriately for race day weather.
• Once the race is over, she may be tempted to sit down. Keep her walking around for at least 10 minutes after the race. This is a good time to help her stretch out her muscles.
• Make sure she eats a good idea to eat a snack after the race, too. She’s going to need it!
• Make it a special day for her. She’s trained long and hard for this. Let her have fun and feel awesome. This is an amazing accomplishment!
Want to run with her on race day? Sign up to be a SoleMate and we’ll help you cross the finish line!