Do you practice positive self talk on a daily basis? People, especially young women have a hard time with positive self talk as we are always feeling less than perfect due to the media and outside influences. I want you to try and forget all of that!! YOU ARE AMAZING!! YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU WANT!!!
This week when you are getting ready in the morning, look yourself in the mirror and say 5 positive things to yourself. Five things I try to remind myself everyday are:
You are awesome!
You have the best family and friends!
Your life is so good!
You look great!
You’re going to have a GREAT day!
Sometimes I don’t actively remind myself of these things and I find myself beating myself up about something that went wrong during the day instead of thinking about the great things that have happened and that are going to happen.
I encourage you to use positive self talk everyday and see how your life changes!
Here are some examples of things you can say to yourself:
- I am capable.
- I know who I am and I am enough.
- I share my happiness with those around me.
- I feel energetic and alive.
- I am confident.
- I always observe before reacting.
- I love challenges and what I learn from overcoming them.
- Each step is taking me to where I want to be.
- I love my (hair,outfit,shoes,etc) today!
- I am ENOUGH.
- I have awesome family and friends!
- Today is going to be a great day!
- I have everything that I need!
- I am HAPPY!
Have a great week and happy running!!