The Girls on the Run SoleMates program is the adult charity running leg of Girls on the Run (GOTR). It is made up of male and female athletes who pursue individual goals, such as running a local half marathon or participating in a triathlon, to raise money for local GOTR councils.
SoleMates provides a great opportunity to give girls an example of healthy living. By joining Girls on the Run SoleMates, you can play a vital role in ensuring the future success of GOTR programs that impact on the lives of thousands of young women every year.
Registration for GOTR Treasure Valley SoleMates is free. Members agree to set a goal to raise a minimum of $110.00 – this covers the cost of one full scholarship for a girl in our program for one season. The money that SoleMates raise goes towards the $110.00 fee for each girl which provides supplies like: healthy snacks, fun rewards like finish line medals, motivational wrist bands, water bottles etc.
Individuals are asked to raise their fundraising amount by December 31, 2014. Those who are unable to raise the minimum amount of $110 will be expected to pay the difference by December 31st, 2014.
GOTR needs your help in raising this money, and at the same time, we will provide you with amazing motivation to get out there and run! We support our runners every step of the way with exclusive runner premiums, effortless on-line fundraising through IMAthlete and online support.
GOTR support of runners:
- Easy online registration process.
- Incentive prizes for participants exceeding certain fundraising goals.
- Marathon and Half Marathon training plans
- Simple online fundraising through IMAthlete.com
- Invitation to local group training runs
- Inspirational emails from Girls on the Run Treasure Valley
- Blog and nutrition info specifically for SoleMates
- Your own FB and Twitter community
- Extra motivation of running for a reason – to change the lives of girls!
It is very easy to get involved!
We support you doing any event at any distance! Fall registration for SoleMates will open soon. Please note that registration for SoleMates does not include registration to the actual race you choose to participate in while raising money for Girls on the Run. You will still need to register for the event of your choice independently. These are two separate registrations.
By registering for Girls on the Run Treasure Valley SoleMates you are agreeing to raise a minimum of $110.00 on or before 30 days after completing the race, or be personally responsible for this amount.
Just as SoleMates members are changed by their experience, Girls on the Run uses running to transform the way girls see themselves and their opportunities. Our ultimate goal is to raise enough money to reach every girl, and to educate and prepare her for a lifetime of self respect and healthy living. If you have more questions, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From IMAthlete’s home page to join IMAthlete:
- Select “Join IMAthlete” on the right side of the page
- Select “Athlete” at the top of the page
- Fill in information
- Remember to click “join now” to finish your membership
To register for SoleMates:
- Log into IMAthlete
- Select “Fundraising”
- Type “SoleMates Treasure Valley” in the “Campaign & Fundraisers” search option; the results will appear below the search option
- Select the appropriate season for “SoleMates Treasure Valley”
- Click on the “Become a fundraiser!” link in the Find a fundraiser box (This will take you to a new screen to register as a fundraiser. If you are already registered with IMAthlete, then most of your information will automatically appear. This will also allow you to design your fundraising page.)
- Complete the Fundraiser Set-Up information and design your fundraising page
- Click “launch campaign” to make it official
- You are now officially a Girls on the Run SoleMate! You will receive a welcome packet via email to guide you through the rest of the season.
To make a donation to Girls on the Run, Treasure Valley:
- For donations only, on the right side of the page is a donation box with various denominations.
- Select your monetary donation, or enter an amount, then click on the “donate now” button.
- Fill in the personal information boxes.
- Click “Submit Donation”
To make a donation offline:
- There will be a form in your SoleMates welcome package that you will receive through email. The document is titled “SoleMates Offline Donation Form.” Simply follow the instructions on the form.
- Or send payment directly to the Girls on the Run office, Attn: SoleMates, PO Box 6812, Boise, ID 83707. Be sure to tell us which SoleMate individual you are supporting.
Thank you for your time, donations, and support of Girls on the Run!
Hope you can join us!
Questions? Email us at email@example.com